|Posted on September 28, 2018 at 4:30 PM|
- The Board accepted the resignation of LJCHOA’s Secretary/ Treasurer officer, Yoshiko Akiyama, which she indicated was submitted for personal reasons.
- The Board appointed Bill Pickard as the new Secretary/Treasurer.
- The Board also received the resignation letter of Glenn Grayson, Director, submitted because he is intending to sell his LJC residence in the near future. However, the Board held the resignation in suspense, to be acted upon a later time. The Board is currently actively seeking a motivated LJCHOA member in good standing who would be willing to be appointed to Mr. Grayson’s 5th Director position vacancy. Any eligible member who is interested in being appointed should contact our Community Manager, Krista Gilmore at: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (702) 754-6313.
- The Board approved a management-recommended Draft Budget for 2019; it includes zero increase in total monthly assessments to Owners ($91.14 quarterly). A budget mailing to the entire membership will be forthcoming in October.
- The Board also awarded a preventive maintenance contract for LJC’s gates (both the Boynton Beach and Sea Reef entries) to Valley Gates, Inc., for the sum of $550 annually. Preventive maintenance will be undertaken on a quarterly basis, and Valley Gates will also provide LJCHOA with remote programming of gate directory updates at no additional charge.
- The Board also discussed having a revised ‘Parking Restriction’ policy, and it will be discussed again at an upcoming meeting.
Subsequent to the meeting, the Board President and the Community Manager discussed and agreed to change the Board of Directors meeting frequency to every 2 months, as previously committed. As a result, the previously scheduled October meeting is canceled; the next Board meeting will be on November 15th, and is planned to be bi-monthly after that on the 3rd Thursday of odd-numbered months. [update: the Board reconsidered this action, and will hold the October meeting at 2:00 PM on October 25th in Sierra's office conference room, located at 3230 S. Buffalo, STE 105. All members are welcomed to attend.]